Following our community canvass success in South Side Pittsburgh on Feb. 2, we are again taking our movement to city neighborhoods. Join us Saturday, Feb. 16, in East Liberty to make UPMC act like a real charity.
Last month Pittsburghers joined together to deliver our Code of Conduct for a Strong, Healthy Pittsburgh to our elected representatives and urged them to join us in holding UPMC accountable to the needs of our community.
We asked, does a real charitable hospital…
- Close down Braddock Hospital just to open one across the street from a competitor?
- Give executives multi-million dollar paychecks, private jets and marble bathrooms – while many frontline workers struggle to make ends meet?
- Threaten to shut its doors to 3 million area residents who carry the “wrong” insurance?
- Take billions of dollars of property off the tax rolls while we make painful cuts to our schools and vital public services?
- Aggressively oppose workers who are standing together to raise standards for all working people in our region?
- Creating and delivering our Code of Conduct was just the beginning. We’re building a movement of our friends, families, neighbors and co-workers to make sure UPMC lives up to the law and acts like a real public charity.
What: “Making UPMC Act Like a Charity” Community Outreach Day
When: Saturday, Feb. 16, 10am – 1pm
Where: 5907 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh 15206
We will provide hot drinks and lunch, but come dressed for the weather.