Fast For Our Future – Statement of Principles
- We are UPMC workers. Our fast is an act of fortitude and unity.
- We know hardship. We are accustomed to hardship created by not making enough to cover the basics.
- We stand strong and determined in our decision to fast from Friday, April 11, to Friday, April 18, to call on UPMC to find the moral compass that brought the healthcare giant into charity work in the first place.
- We seek a future where UPMC’s power and wealth are used to create a strong and healthy Pittsburgh.
- We have faith that UPMC’s growing success can drive a more socially just Pittsburgh where all our communities enjoy economic security and good health.
- We are proud of the quality of our work and believe that we can work with UPMC – not just for UPMC – in delivering quality care. To do this, we must have workplace rights, dignity, respect, and a valued voice on the job.
- We embrace the great diversity of people and traditions in Pittsburgh and we ask for your support and participation throughout our fast.
Tell the Fasters That You Stand With Them!
There are three easy ways for you to let the UPMC Workers know that you support them and that you are together with them in the fight for a united voice for UMPC employees:
1. Visit the fasters on Grant St. and write a message of support in their message book
2. Leave a voice-mail for the fasters at (412) 330-1198